Now accepting clients for Births in 2018 & 2019!
Our Birth Doula Services offer exceptional support to individuals and families within and around Simcoe County, Ontario.
“Countless scientific trials examining doula care demonstrate remarkably improved physical and psychological outcomes for both mother and baby. Doulas have a positive impact on the well-being of the entire family.”-DONA International, 2016
What we offer at each stage of your pregnancy to birth and postpartum:
- For individuals trying to conceive (parent(s) & surrogates)
- Companionship to fertility appointments, meetings with family doctors, specialists, and agencies
- Presence at in vitro fertilization (ivf), transfer days/ nights as a physical, informational and emotional support.
- We provide support throughout pregnancy upon your choosing, no matter at what gestation you’re at.
- Attend medical appointments as per request and service package description.
- Discuss and practice birth comfort measures and goals in experiencing birth your way.
- Assist with light meal prep, light housekeeping, errands, groceries and companionship throughout pregnancy.
Labour & Birth Support:
- For birthing individuals, partners and families we provide empathetic, non-judgemental and motivational support during labour and birth through verbal and physical measures.
- Support how you choose to birth in an informed way, providing you with emotional, physical and informational support to be an advocate for yourself.
- Support all births: vaginal, c-section, homebirth, vaginal birth after c-section (VBAC), homebirth after c-section (HBAC), etc.
- Support all comfort measures used throughout labour and delivery as we want you to birth your way.
- We honour your requests in how you birth, with or without us in the room. We hold your space and are a witness throughout your journey.
- Support for birthing individuals and partners in transition into parenthood with or without baby.
- Refer check in with medical health care provider
- Provide hands on information on what to expect with baby, breastfeeding support, bottlefeeding support, and parent self-care (hygiene & nourishment).
- Assist with light meal prep, light housekeeping, errands, groceries and companionship throughout postpartum.