You may have just found that your baby has a fatal diagnosis, are currently experiencing a miscarriage or there is no heartbeat. We are so sorry. Please take a moment for yourself at this time, put on something comfortable and pour yourself a cold drink of water. Know you are still pregnant, still a mother or father. Our hope is to support you through this time. Click on the link below for more information about what is to happen and options you have. Please contact us at anytime regarding support services we have to offer you.
Our Bereavement Doula Services offer caring, kind and evidence-based support to individuals and families within and around Simcoe County, Ontario. There is no charge for Bereavement Doula Services. Day time and Overnight appointments available.
What we offer at each stage of your pregnancy to birth and postpartum:
- We provide support throughout pregnancy upon your choosing, no matter at what gestation you’re at.
- Attend medical appointments as per request and service package description.
- Discuss and practice birth comfort measures and goals in experiencing birth your way.
- Assist with light meal prep, light housekeeping, errands, groceries and companionship throughout pregnancy.
Labour & Birth Support:
- For birthing individuals, partners and families we provide empathetic, non-judgemental and motivational support during labour and birth through verbal and physical measures.
- Support how you choose to birth in an informed way, providing you with emotional, physical and informational support to be an advocate for yourself.
- Support all births: vaginal, c-section, homebirth, vaginal birth after c-section (VBAC), homebirth after c-section (HBAC), etc.
- Support all comfort measures used throughout labour and delivery as we want you to birth your way.
- We honour your requests in how you birth, with or without us in the room. We hold your space and are a witness throughout your journey.
- Support for birthing individuals and partners in transition into parenthood with or without baby.
- Refer check in with medical health care provider
- Provide hands on information on what to expect with or without baby, breastfeeding support, bottlefeeding support, and parent self-care (hygiene & nourishment).
- Assist with light meal prep, light housekeeping, errands, groceries and companionship throughout post-partum.